Come ready to learn and leave ready to lead your club with new ideas for service and fundraising.
The 2022 Kiwanis International Convention promises to be a time to renew your commitment to serving the children of the world while enjoying the fellowship that flows throughout Kiwanis.
Here are nine changes that will make the 2022 Kiwanis Convention a better experience:
- Members can choose to attend in person or virtually. Those unable to travel to Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, can register for the virtual option and experience selected keynotes, sessions and master classes streamed to their computer.
- The convention is now two parts: The Education and Leadership Conference and the Annual Meeting. Registration options allow members to create a convention experience that works for their goals, schedules and budgets.
- The ELC is focused exclusively on how clubs of all sizes can better serve their communities to help more children. Keynotes, master classes and all education sessions revolve around ideas for club service, innovations in fundraising and leadership training.
- The ELC qualifies as an acceptable educational expense. As a result, your club can opt to pay for it with funds from its service account. Covered expenses can include registration fees up to US$299, hotel, airfare or mileage, meals, per diem and other expenses as decided by the club. Expenses related to a member attending only the Kiwanis Annual Meeting would not qualify for any reimbursement from the service account. A club may continue to cover any portion of members’ convention expenses from its administrative account.
- Registration fees include more extras. A buffet lunch will be included every day. Also included is an opening reception with light hors d’oeuvres and Kiwanis Night at Victory Field, which includes dinner, beer, wine and soda.
- The 2022 convention schedule will leave you more time, space and opportunities for creating connections and making friends. Talking and interacting with members from other clubs and districts can spark ideas that can be utilized at home.
- Booking a room in one of the convention hotels allows members access to preferred rates negotiated by Kiwanis International. In addition, staying at one of the selected hotels earns you a $10 credit to the Kiwanis Family Store and other perks such as a hotel in a prime location, upgrades as available and the opportunity to meet and mingle with Kiwanis members from districts near and far.
- Registration materials will be sent to attendees. For members attending from within the United States, a packet will be mailed to you. It will include your name badge, lanyard and convention program so you’ll be ready to learn when you arrive. Members attending from outside the United States will pick up their materials on-site.
- Kiwanis International is taking increased measures to care for the health and safety of all attendees and guests.
Registration for the 2022 Kiwanis International Convention is open from March 15 to May 1. There will be no on-site registration. Register at kiwanis.org/convention.
This story originally appeared in the March 2022 issue of Kiwanis magazine.